While it may not seem like it, sunlight is an important part of everyday living. After all, when it enters your home via your patio doors or windows, it can easily help you improve your home’s energy efficiency by reducing your reliance on artificial lighting. Apart from that, it also allows you to receive as much Vitamin D as you can, allowing you to avoid numerous health risks.
However, now that the fall season has arrived, it may feel as if that the amount of sunshine that enters your home isn’t as much as it used to be. Thankfully, experts say that it is possible for homeowners to increase the amount of sunshine that enters their home this fall.
In this article, Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville, the pros in installing sliding doors and replacement windows, lists the five different ways you can bring sunshine into your home in Maryville during the Fall season.
1. Design Windows in Unusual Places – One way you can increase the amount of sunshine that enters your home is by designing windows in unusual places. To accomplish this, you can install windows in your bathroom or even your shower spaces. Apart from increasing the amount of daylight that enters your Maryville home, it can also change the entire look of the house, giving your home a unique look that allows it to stand out from the rest of the neighborhood.
2. Don’t Avoid Southwestern Exposure – Other than installing windows in the unusual areas around your home, you can also consider installing windows and sliding doors in the southwestern areas of your home for the light exposure that it can bring. While it may sound like a bad idea due to the excessive lighting and heat that it can bring in, there’s actually a way around this: simply install windows and doors that have glazings and low-emissivity glass coatings. That way, your windows and doors will be more efficient and better suited to this specific exposure and application.
For assistance in installing new windows and doors to increase the amount of sunlight that enters your Maryville home, simply turn to the pros of Renewal by Andersen of Knoxville to get the job done.
3. Add Skylights, Sun Tubes or Tunnels – According to replacement doors and windows experts, you can also increase the amount of sunlight that enters your home during the fall season by adding skylights in your home.
Alternatively, if there are areas in your property that don’t have enough space for a skylight, such as the hallway, window installation experts say that you can always opt to install sun tubes or tunnels instead.
4. Install Entrance Doors With Transoms and Sidelights – Apart from installing quality patio doors in your home, you can also increase the amount of sunlight that enters your home during the Fall season by installing entrance doors with transoms and sidelights. If limited space is a concern, meanwhile, a single sidelight should be sufficient instead of two flanking the entry door. As for privacy concerns, consider installing transoms and sidelights with etched and translucent patterns to maintain your Maryville home’s security and privacy.
5. Use Windows in Basements and Walkout Levels – Basements and certain walkout levels of your home don’t get as much sunshine as they should. With that in mind, if you want to increase the amount of sunlight that enters your home during the fall season, consider using or installing windows in the basement and walkout levels of your property. That way, you can add light to the otherwise dark spaces of your home.
Planning to tackle a window replacement project? Don’t hesitate to turn to Renewal by Andersen of Knoxville. When it comes to installing replacement doors and windows in your Maryville home, we are the number one service providers to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (865) 221-7970 or fill out our contact form to schedule a virtual consultation. We serve homeowners in Maryville, TN, and other nearby areas in the state of Tennessee.