Given the many important roles your windows play to keep your home lovely, beautiful and efficient, you’ll want to make sure they stay in tip-top shape. This is especially crucial during the summer months, when storms are more prevalent. Different storms can damage your windows in different ways, so don’t forget to check them right after. And once you spot some of the warning signs, have them dealt with promptly to prevent further damage. The leading bay windows company in Oak Ridge, TN, Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville, shares how to inspect your existing windows following a summer storm.
But Before That…
You’ll need to make sure you can stay safe as you go about this task. For starters, only perform the window inspection after the storm has passed and it’s safe to venture outside. Do you see any downed power lines and other electrical hazards? Has the storm resulted in flooding? Then you might want to hold off on that inspection. If not, you should still exercise caution around fallen trees and other heavy debris strewn on your property.
- Look for water damage. It may take a while for water damage on windows to become apparent. But when it does, you’ll find there’s:
- Moisture or fogging between the window panes
- Discoloration on the framing material
- Softening of the window frames–an indication of mold or rot
- Warping in the framing material
Mold and rot on windows usually warrant a replacement. But if you want to be completely sure, have them checked by a sliding windows company in Oak Ridge, TN, like Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville. We’ll suggest the appropriate solution depending on what we find.
- Check for hail damage. The damage caused by hailstones can be obvious–you just need to look at the dents they’ve left on your car, roofing or siding. Hail window damage is noticeable, as well. Here’s what to look for:
- Broken, dented or torn window screens
- Cracked or shattered glass panes
- Damaged glazing
- Dents on the flashing above the windows or their frames
- Inspect your windows for wind damage. The fact is that strong winds can knock over trees or pick up heavy debris, then aim them at your windows. You’ll know they’re wind damaged if you see:
- Shattered window glass
- Holes, dents and cracks along the window frames
- Chipped and peeling paint on the framing material
What to Expect from Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville
If a summer storm has damaged your existing windows enough to prompt a replacement, then there’s only one name you should call: Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville. Homeowners in and around Seymour and Oak Ridge, TN know that when it comes to a safe and worry-free custom windows installation, we will always deliver the highest quality results.
- We are credentialed. Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville has all the necessary qualifications that make us eligible to perform window and door replacement work in the area. When you choose us for the job, you’re always sure you’re covered against any possible issue that may arise during the process. And because we are familiar with the building requirements and standards specific to the area, you can rest easy knowing your window replacement will be done up to code.
- We are customer-centric. One of our top priorities is to make your experience with us a positive and enjoyable one. Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville utilizes a streamlined window replacement process that takes your wants and needs into account, while ensuring the project is always on track. From meeting up through video chat and conducting pre-installation custom measurements, to customizing your bay windows in Oak Ridge, TN, and installing them, up to the final walkthrough, our team will make sure your project goes on smoothly.
- We offer superior replacement windows. You need not look any further for windows that combine style, durability and energy efficiency. Renewal by Andersen® windows use Fibrex® composite for sashes and frames. This advanced material combines the strength and insulating properties of wood with the low-maintenance performance of vinyl, allowing for windows that are impervious to cracks, warping and corrosion. When closed, our Fibrex® window units create an airtight seal that prevents significant energy loss.
Our top-tier options also come with our state-of-the-art High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass, which increases your access to natural light, while blocking the heat that comes with. This allows for a cooler, more comfortable home–only without the high energy costs. Paired together, our Fibrex® and High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass can create some of the most desirable custom windows available today.
- We add an extra layer of protection. Choosing Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville means choosing to work with a reliable window company that can ensure your greater protection. All of our replacement windows come with transferable limited warranties. These include 20-year coverage on our Fibrex® framing material and advanced glass options, 10-year coverage on hardware and exterior color finish–and even two-year coverage on installation.
Whether you need classic casements or sleek sliding windows for your Tennessee home, Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville has got you covered. With our exceptional window options, we’ll make sure your home remains beautiful, comfortable and energy-efficient no matter the season. Call us today at (865) 221-7970 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We proudly serve Knoxville and Oak Ridge, TN and the surrounding areas. We’d love to hear from you!